Thursday, March 18, 2021

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES

This posting may come as a stark contrast from one of my prior posts, in which I praised the wonders of technology: this time the "wonder" has become an inconvenience. Luck certainly has not been on my side: just this week, my computer broke down. This issue with the hardware is only made worse by the consequences on my use of software - not only did the laptop contain all of my downloaded footage, it was also the only computer in the house that had iMovie, the editing program I intended to use (and the only one I know how to). 
As of this moment, I write from a school computer; I am not sure if I will be able to download an editing software on this device (though, if it comes to it, I can certainly learn how to operate a new program). That said, I have been looking into both online and downloadable options I could use for the post-production process - WeVideo, a web-based tool, is a viable alternative if I am unable to recover iMovie, and it has a few tutorials to aid users in making their own videos. On the bright side, WeVideo has many more editing options when compared to my preferred application, so perhaps changing to this editor will not be too bad. Another option, and this is possible only if I can download an app to the school computer - it's worth a try, at least - is DaVinci Resolve, an editing tool that has been used and recommended by quite a few classmates. As opposed to the Apple alternative, DaVinci is a much more advanced editor, with specific pages to assist in every step of post-production. 
Just in case, though, I am trying to get my computer fixed. Still, after exploring different programs, I will let quality determine which software is best - even if I do manage to get iMovie back. Until then, I will use the spare time provided by the upcoming week to explore the editing apps and finish shooting.

please standby
SOURCES:

Damen, A. M. (2021, January 1). Edit Videos Like a Pro: The 12 Best Free Video Editing Software Programs for 2021. Shopify. https://www.shopify.com/blog/best-free-video-editing-software

Wells, T. (2021, March 16). 24 Best Free Video Editing Software Programs in 2021 | Oberlo. Oberlo. https://www.oberlo.com/blog/best-free-video-editing-software

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

Here it is! Enjoy! Click here to watch the CCR for Panacea .