Thursday, March 25, 2021

A MUCH NEEDED BREAK

Ah, spring break. No other time in the year would have been most proper for this much-needed break. With one week of "no school" (the assigned homework and readings make the quotation marks a necessity), I was able to catch up on filming, and finally was able to get someone to collaborate and hold the camera while I dictate which shot is next. That said, a lot more was done than simply shooting - if that could even be the adverb, knowing the amount of work that went into planning each shot. I also revised the storyboard, adding bits here and there as was judged appropriate. Additionally, some planned images did not work so well, and had to be scrapped. What aided me in the production process the most, however, was overlapping with the post-production: nearing the end of filming, I started to edit bits together to see what worked best. Upon noticing some segment that did not fit - either in tone or sequence-wise - the narrative, I made a note to reshoot each one. In the place of each soon-to-be re-recorded fragments, black squares were left, resulting in images such as the one below.

Overall, the production process was quite fun, although it required a lot more thinking than I'd previously judged. For instance, to get the right lighting and angle for a shot, I had to figure out a way to position each component such that the end result was satisfying enough. Eventually, solutions came as a response to my many failed attempts (the image on the right is a result of trial and error - many experiments were made until the idea of perching the lamp on my shoulder finally came to me).

There is still a lot to do, but I am content that at least editing is underway. Of course, that also means that Foley, text, and many more necessary edits are approaching too. But that will be a subject for my next posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

Here it is! Enjoy! Click here to watch the CCR for Panacea .