Saturday, March 27, 2021

FOLEY AND FINALIZING

There are few edits left to do! I still need to put text and adjust some stuff, but, overall, it is manageable. I've been using daytime to edit and record sounds, and nighttime to film (since I can only manipulate light in the darkness). The bright side is that much of the sounds I intend to use don't need to be "invented" - the actions shown in the recordings actually do produce the intended sounds. Still, I intend to use some asynchronous sounds to imply actions and act as a sound bridge (maybe). One example of this would be the sound of crumpling the paper before the paper ball is seen rolling on screen, then some of it while the image appears. The only other sounds I intend to use are grunts and sighs, which will have to be included as voiceovers.

I have been recording in my room (or my sisters', depending on the time and which is the quietest). I've also been using my sister's iPhone to capture the sounds as videos, then turning them into audios on iMovie.

The schedule is tight, and I have had complications with reshooting since we needed to use the dinner table (the "desk" in my opening) for Passover. But as long as I don't fall behind even more than I already am, I can still produce something worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

Here it is! Enjoy! Click here to watch the CCR for Panacea .