Sunday, April 4, 2021

THE END IS NIGH

Wow, it's been a journey. And it's almost over, too! Since the next two posts won't be the customary type, I figured I would use this one to reflect upon the process leading up to this point, now that the project is done. 

It began with an idea - and not a very well-developed one, at that. I had a vague clue of the direction my film opening was going to take, but no concrete information that would help me begin the quest. By researching into the genre, I was able to gather more points to be incorporated into my project, and, about a week into the study, inspiration came to me. This is all illustrated throughout the first week of the portfolio assignment, of course, and available for any reader who comes across this blog. 

Over time, the polishing of what once was a rather unclear goal was aided both by my own investigations and feedback from classmates. In comparing my product to others', I could see what mine was lacking, and devised ways to fill in the gaps. Thus came the idea for the character, who, until now, had remained both nameless and faceless. 

Throughout the process, the overarching concept never left my mind: I wanted to do a descent into madness. Looking back, I see I may not have followed my own advice in some aspects, namely, holding back on the "madness" aspect. Still, knowing that an actual breakdown scene would be much more dramatic and powerful than the one included in the end of the opening, there is still room for more chaos. That is, the frustration in the opening passes as just that: vexation, but a well-based, motivated one. Still, it foreshadows that something much worse is about to come. 

Though I do have some issues with details in the final product and in the overall process - I definitely should have timed myself better, and maybe chosen a better time of the day to record - it is a satisfactory outcome, in my opinion. Additionally, the mild complications that arose along the way only helped me better understand the technologies I have been working with (you can accompany my marvel at the camera app in one of my old posts).

Well, this is it. You can expect Panacea to be posted within the next two postings. Until then... 

Farewell, my dear readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

Here it is! Enjoy! Click here to watch the CCR for Panacea .