Friday, April 2, 2021

LAST MINUTE DECISIONS

There is no clearer example of impulse decision than what I just did. I'M SCRAPPING ALL THE FOLEY OUT OF THE OPENING. Now that the project is done, I finally took time to carefully watch every second of the piece and... I found the added audio quite distracting. I had known from the start that the Foley would have to be toned down in order to allow "space" for the soundtrack, but even at 35% of its original capacity, the sounds take away from the overall feel of the piece. Here is a comparison of a scene with and without the Foley:

I did try to incorporate more of the sounds towards the end, but, if they aren't used throughout, they seem out of place. Thus, the only bit of "homemade audio" left is the door closing at the very end, which puts an end to the entire sequence. This is also much more symbolic, as it represents the end of this crazed research session and the jumping into the actual body of the movie.
And with this, I conclude the making of Panacea

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

Here it is! Enjoy! Click here to watch the CCR for Panacea .